General Houston Civil Litigation
Jones Morris Klevenhagen is committed to achieving our clients’ business objectives through efficient and cost-effective litigation. The Firm has considerable experience litigating all types of disputes from Small Claims Court to Federal Court. We are able to assist our clients in achieving a resolution, whether through litigation or mediation, in most types of disputes. If our clients desire is to attempt to settle a dispute without any type of court intervention, we can help plan an optimal strategy to provide the best chance of success.
The Houston civil litigation attorneys at Jones Morris Klevenhagen have a proven track record of success in representing individuals and businesses in a wide range of areas. We work towards obtaining an out-of-court result that’s fair to you, but approach your case as if we're going to trial. This means that if no settlement is reached, we are more than prepared to take your case to trial.
As civil litigation attorneys representing clients in Houston, Corpus Christi, Galveston and surrounding areas, we help protect your rights, and defend their interests when their rights have been violated through any of the following:
- Breach of contract -there are any number of reasons why a business may enter into a contract. Contracts are necessary to purchase supplies and equipment, drafting of rental and sales agreements, employment agreements, and other situations. A breach of contract occurs when one of the parties in the contract does not live up to its promise. A breach of contract also leads to questions of damages incurred as a result of the breach.
- Fraud - Typically, fraud occurs when one of the parties involved makes a misrepresentation, and the other party uses that information in order to make a decision. Fraud can also involve embezzlement and real estate fraud.
- Misrepresentation- Sometimes, parties may enter into a contract based on misrepresentation of facts with intent to deceive. The misrepresentation gives one party an advantage over another. Misrepresentation can also involve concealing facts that the party had a duty to disclose or making false statements. Misrepresentation may not always be intentional or malicious but can still cause a party harm. Sometimes, the offending party may actually believe the misrepresentation to be true, and other times, the misrepresentation may be the result of carelessness.
- Deceptive or unfair business practices – these statutes relate to any kind of case where a commercial transaction has taken place. Examples of deceptive practices could include deceptive advertising, deceptive pricing practices, providing a low estimate for job and then bulking the price by adding a number of extras, and overcharging for goods and services.
- Injury claims, Insurance claims
Our firm relies on our experience in civil litigation to achieve results for our clients. Our firm relies on the expertise of a formidable team of lawyers, each of who comes to the table with a solid background in civil trial litigation. Our team will fight for you. Our experience is combined with years of representing local clients in the Harris County area in state and federal courts, ensuring that you have the strongest legal minds working for you.
If you’re faced with a contract dispute, we can help protect your rights. If you’ve been the victim of business fraud, we know how you can recover your losses. Jones Morris Klevenhagen regularly litigates disputes involving probate and guardianship contests, breach of fiduciary duty, bankruptcy related claims, breach of contract, fraud, misrepresentation, deceptive and unfair business practices, and claims arising in tort. Contact our Houston general civil litigation attorneys for solid legal counsel.